The second NSFA Community Coach Education Expo took place on Monday evening at North Turramurra Recreation area, with 100 participants taking part in workshops delivered by presenters from NSFA, Northern Tigers FC and XLR8 Player Development.
NSFA Community Football Manager Ed Ferguson opened the evening by presenting to all attendees, reinforcing the key coaching principle of making every session SAFE, ORGANISED, ENJOYABLE and ENGAGING.
Once again the event offered participating coaches three different education experiences based on their individual requirements – a MiniRoos Coaching Certificate (U6 to U8 coaches), an Introduction to SAP workshop (U9 to U12/13 coaches) and an Introduction to 11v11 Football workshop (U12/13 and above coaches).
“It was fantastic to see so many coaches attend this year’s expo despite the poor weather earlier in the day,” commented Ferguson.
“While there were plenty of new faces it was also fantastic to see several coaches returning for a refresher or to attend a different age group-specific session.”
2019 Community Coach Education Expo Presenters:
- Ed Ferguson – NSFA Community Football Manager
- Eilidh Mackay – NSFA Representative Programs Manager, XLR8 Programs Manager, Northern Tigers Girls SAP Technical Director, Northern Tigers Youth NPL Under 14’s Coach
- Nick Marr – XLR8 Operations Manager and Head Coach, NSFA Super League and Diamond League Assessor
- Craig Tyrie – XLR8 Program Leader
- Oliver Stickland – XLR8 Program Leader, Northern Tigers Youth NPL Under 13’s Coach
- Josh Lazarus – 2018 NSFA Coaching Scholarship Recipient, XLR8 Program Leader
- Brendan Dalton – XLR8 Program Leader