Wet Weather Update – Saturday the 28th of May @ 8:45 AM
The following grounds are closed for Saturday the 28th and Sunday 29th of May. Please note that games originally scheduled on fields that are closed have been rescheduled onto grounds that are open.
All grounds are OPEN.
All grounds are open, except for
Comenerra Closed for Saturday afternoon, game moved to Mowbray PS.
Barra Brui, Bert Oldfield, Browns, Bryce, Carrington Field 3, Comenerra, Karuah Mini 1 & 2, Golden Jubilee, Mimosa, Roseville Park, Saiala, The Glade, Warrimoo Half 2 & West Pymble PS which are CLOSED.
All grounds are open, except for Burns Bay Road & Kingsford Smith Oval.
All grounds are OPEN, except for Primrose 2 & Tunks 1 which are CLOSED.
All grounds are OPEN.
Weekday Wet Weather Guidelines
- Councils and schools assess their grounds and advise NSFA by 2:30 pm which grounds are unfit to play. NSFA aims to provide a complete update by 2:45pm on a given day, but can provide updates on closures earlier in the day if ground owners make a decision before that time.
Weekend Wet Weather Guidelines
- These guidelines refer to NSFA winter football competitions.
- Decisions on weekend ground closures are generally not made until Friday. Councils and schools assess their grounds and advise NSFA by 2:30 pm which grounds are unfit to play. NSFA policy is to play as many matches as possible on any ground that is left open by councils and schools. A wet weather message will be communicated on the NSFA website by 5:00 pm Friday.
- Grounds may also be closed on Saturday or Sunday mornings by clubs or referees if they deem the ground unfit to play. Every effort will be made to communicate these ground closures to teams via the website before teams leave for their match. However, this may not always be possible as these decisions are made based on weather conditions that can be variable across different parts of our association.
- Decisions on Sunday matches will be made as soon as practical. Often this will not be until late on Saturday afternoon. If the forecast for Sunday is looking more positive so please do not assume that Sunday games are off if Saturday games are cancelled.
- Rain on the night before or on the morning of the match does not necessarily mean your match will be cancelled. We do not cancel games for rain. We only cancel games if the ground has been closed or is deemed unfit for play. If there are cancellations or postponements of matches, or matches are relocated, the website will be updated to reflect this. Please continue to check the draw on our website as your game may be cancelled at one ground and relocated to another that is open for play in some circumstances.
- Mostly we would just ask our players and parents to be patient. The weather cannot be controlled however we will do our best to communicate early and often.