Wet Weather Message.
UPDATE: SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 20 AT 9:45AM
PRIMULA is CLOSED. MATCHES POSTPONED
BICENTENNIAL is CLOSED. MATCHES POSTPONED
NORMAN GRIFFITHS is CLOSED. MATCHES POSTPONED
BEROWRA IS CLOSED. MATCHES POSTPONED
WARRIMOO IS CLOSED. MATCHES MOVED TO GEORGE CHRISTIE
MONTVIEW 1 CLOSED FOR THIS MORNING ONLY. WILL BE REASSESSED LATER FOR AFTERNOON GAMES
All other grounds are currently OPEN.
Please continue to monitor this message as more grounds may close throughout the day.
Training at all natural turf fields is to occur outside of goal mouths and there is to be no use of turf wickets whatsoever. Please refrain from doing any repetitive work on the main playing field.
The following synthetics are OPEN:-
Chatswood High School, Thomson Park, Northbridge Oval, Charles Bean, NTRA synthetic, Blackman Park and Cammeray Oval.
This message will be updated by 2.45pm tomorrow.
Wet Weather Guidelines
- Decisions on weekend ground closures are generally not made until Friday. Councils and schools assess their grounds and advise NSFA by 2:30 pm which grounds are unfit to play. NSFA policy is to play as many matches as possible on any ground that is left open by councils and schools. A wet weather message will be communicated on the NSFA website by 5:00 pm Friday.
- Grounds may also be closed on Saturday or Sunday mornings by clubs or referees if they deem the ground unfit to play. Every effort will be made to communicate these ground closures to teams via the website before teams leave for their match. However, this may not always be possible as these decisions are made based on weather conditions that can be variable across different parts of our association.
- Decisions on Sunday matches will be made as soon as practical. Often this will not be until late on Saturday afternoon. The forecast for Sunday is looking more positive so please do not assume that Sunday games are off if Saturday games are cancelled. Once again please check the NSFA Website and Facebook Page by 7:00 pm on Saturday night.
- Rain on the night before or on the morning of the match does not necessarily mean your match will be cancelled. We do not cancel games for rain. We only cancel games if the ground has been closed or is deemed unfit for play. If there are cancellations or postponements of matches, or matches are relocated, the website will be updated to reflect this. Please continue to check the draw on our website as your game may be cancelled at one ground and relocated to another that is open for play in some circumstances.
- Mostly we would just ask our players and parents to be patient. The weather cannot be controlled however we will do our best to communicate early and often.