Wet / Extreme Weather

Wet / Extreme Weather

LAST UPDATED: 22nd May 4:00pm

All Grounds Open

Weekday Wet Weather Guidelines

  • Councils and schools assess their grounds and advise NSFA by 2:30 pm which grounds are unfit to play. NSFA aims to provide a complete update by 2:45pm on a given day, but can provide updates on closures earlier in the day if ground owners make a decision before that time.

Weekend Wet Weather Guidelines

  • These guidelines refer to NSFA winter football competitions.
  • Decisions on weekend ground closures are generally not made until Friday. Councils and schools assess their grounds and advise NSFA by 2:30 pm which grounds are unfit to play. NSFA policy is to play as many matches as possible on any ground that is left open by councils and schools. A wet weather message will be communicated on the NSFA website by 5:00 pm Friday.
  • Grounds may also be closed on Saturday or Sunday mornings by clubs or referees if they deem the ground unfit to play. Every effort will be made to communicate these ground closures to teams via the website before teams leave for their match. However, this may not always be possible as these decisions are made based on weather conditions that can be variable across different parts of our association.
  • Decisions on Sunday matches will be made as soon as practical. Often this will not be until late on Saturday afternoon. If the forecast for Sunday is looking more positive then there is an increased chance the fixture will be on, so please do not assume that Sunday games are off if Saturday games are cancelled.
  • Rain on the night before or on the morning of the match does not necessarily mean your match will be cancelled. We do not cancel games for rain. We only cancel games if the ground has been closed or is deemed unfit for play. If there are cancellations or postponements of matches, or matches are relocated, the website will be updated to reflect this. Please continue to check the draw on our website as your game may be cancelled at one ground and relocated to another that is open for play in some circumstances.
  • Mostly we would just ask our players and parents to be patient. The weather cannot be controlled however we will do our best to communicate early and often.

Our Partners

Auto One
Besteam Sport
Football NSW
Foundation IT
Northern Tigers
Wahroonga Village Podiatry