Northern Suburbs Football Referees Association (NSFRA) provides match officials for all NSFA Summer and Winter competitions, as well as selected NPL Fixtures.
There are so many different reasons to become a referee. It’s a great way to:
1. Earn some extra money
2. Give back to the game you love
3. Stay fit and active
4. Build leadership skills like effective communication and decision-making.
To become a referee, you must be 13 years of age or over and you will need to complete the Football Australia Online Laws of the Game Course as well as completing a Level 4 Referee Course.
STEP 1: The Football Australia Online Laws of the Game Course provides a basic introduction to the Laws of the Game and their interpretation. To successfully complete the course, a participant needs to pass the online examination and print their Statement of Completion Certificate.
STEP 2: The Level 4 Referee Course provides participants with education and training to become a referee. It can be undertaken in a classroom environment as a one-day course consisting of theory modules and practical sessions on a pitch to enable referees to begin officiating. Dates for 2023 NSFRA courses will be published via this link.
GOT ANY QUESTIONS?
Send us a message
STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE LATEST REFEREEING NEWS & EVENTS…
- Registrations are now open for the Inaugural Level 4 Referee Course with NSFRANorthern Suburbs Football Referees Association (NSFRA) are thrilled to announce the first Level 4 Referee Course with NSFRA! This is a fantastic opportunity for those … Read more
- NSFRA new beginnings: Referees, Uniforms, and Sponsors ShineNorthern Suburbs Football Referees Association extend our gratitude to everyone who contributed to the success of the new entity Launch Event. Uniform Unveiling Over 50 … Read more
- Respecting Our Referees: Reducing Offences on the PitchIn the world of football, there’s an issue that often lingers in the background, overshadowed by the excitement of goals and the drama of matches. … Read more
- NSFA Statement on RefereesTuesday 15th August 2023 The NSFA Board has resolved to bring referees in-house under a new body called the Northern Suburbs Football Referees Association (NSFRA). … Read more
- Registrations OPEN for Northern Suburbs Football Referees Association (NSFRA)NSFRA registrations have officially opened for the 2023 Summer Football season for which NSFRA referees will be exclusively used for all NSFA competition matches. If … Read more
- Continuing the Legacy of RESPECT in Football: A Reminder to Uphold Sportsmanship and Fair PlayAs the 2023 winter season begins to wrap up, we take a moment to reflect on the core values that have been guiding our community … Read more