What is Walking Football?
- It is low-impact, team-based exercise, utilising the defined ‘Walking Football Rules and Formats’ – specifically non-contact with the players ‘always having one foot on the ground’.
- Matches are played with modified formats (5v5/6v6) on smaller pitches with shortened game times
- Walking Football aims to provide participants with physical & mental health benefits, social contentedness and promotion of the benefits of ongoing physical activity.
2022 Walking Football Cup
NSFA are delighted to launch the 2022 Walking Football Cup to be held at Auluba Oval on Sunday 27th February. The Walking Football Cup is open to Men’s and Women’s teams aged 50 years and over, and is supported by Football Australia and Football NSW.
Walking Football Sessions
- Registrations required – fill out the form below!
- Cost: $5 per session
- Weekly Sessions, 9:30am to 10:30am each Thursday
- Term 1, 2022 Thursday, February 11th to Thursday March 25th (7 weeks)
- North Turramurra Recreation Area, 361B Bobbin Head Road, North Turramurra
- Click here to register
How Walking Football is played
- Running is not allowed. A participant always has to have one foot on the ground.
- It is a non-contact version of the game.
- The ball cannot be kicked above head height.
- There is no heading of the ball.
- There are no ‘referees’ as such and the competitive angle is kept to a minimum.
- The focus is on fun and making friends.