What is Walking Football?
- It is low-impact, team-based exercise, utilising the defined ‘Walking Football Rules and Formats’ – specifically non-contact with the players ‘always having one foot on the ground’.
- Matches are played with modified formats (5v5/6v6) on smaller pitches with shortened game times
- Walking Football aims to provide participants with physical & mental health benefits, social contentedness and promotion of the benefits of ongoing physical activity.
Walking Football Summer Sessions
- A combined program run by Kissing Point FC, West Pymble FC and NSFA
- Running every Wednesday night until 14th of December at NTRA, from 6:30pm – 8pm
- If you’d like to give it a try please come along, or email email@example.com for further information
- NTRA – North Turramurra Recreation Area, 361B Bobbin Head Road, North Turramurra
How Walking Football is played
- Running is not allowed. A participant always has to have one foot on the ground.
- It is a non-contact version of the game.
- The ball cannot be kicked above head height.
- There is no heading of the ball.
- There are no ‘referees’ as such and the competitive angle is kept to a minimum.
- The focus is on fun and making friends.