Dear Players, Coaches and Parents,
Whilst traditional football is on hold, we want players to enjoy themselves, continue their development and fall in love with the ball. Each week we will be releasing skill videos and a weekly football challenge on our social media channels for players to practice at home, in order to stay active and improve their technical football skills whilst training and matches are postponed. Further to this we will also be doing the following:
- XLR8 Juggling Sheets
- We will be circulating Juggling sheets so that players can record daily scores, track their progress and submit to their coaches.
- These will be posted on our Facebook for people to download
- XLR8 Weekly Football Challenge
- First touch wall challenge
- Juggling Challenge
- Bin Chip
- Striking the ball challenge
- Dribbling Challenge
- Competitions and prizes to be won!
- XLR8 Player & Coach Development Resources
- We will be sharing resources for players and coaches to digest each week. This will provide them with football insights across a variety of areas including – Technical, Tactical, Physical, Psychological, Social & Cognitive
Coaches can also be involved in this by having players submit a video of themselves performing the skill to their coach who can track progress and give feedback. This week and next we will be covering basic football skills, after which we will look to CHANGE IT and progress the skills to further challenge the players.