Update – 1:36pm
After further assessment of the impact of today’s announcement on the NSFA football community and the additional government restrictions taking effect at 11:59pm tonight, we have made the decision to postpone ALL FIXTURES scheduled from 11:59pm tonight until 11:59pm on Friday, July 2nd.
The latest Sydney lockdown will not only impact players, but also referees, coaches and parents. We believe this decision will support Clubs logistically and ensure we continue to lead the community in the most responsible manner.
Please follow the Public Health Order and stay safe.
Yours in football,
Under the Public Health Order and advice from the Office of Sport, all NSFA Club football training and XLR8 Player Development Programs can continue as normal for individuals not restricted by the stay at home order.
- When players and coaches are not training and engaged in physical activity they must wear a face mask.
- No changerooms are to be used.
- No huddles are allowed.
- Please practice social distancing
- One parent / guardian per player at training, however avoid attendance where possible.
- If a household member is restricted by the stay at home order another member of the household is permitted to attend training/programs.
XLR8 programs – including holiday clinics – can proceed under the above training guidelines provided by NSFA. All registered participants for association programs and holiday clinics have been emailed with the protocols that will be in place at sessions over the coming week.