Following the NSFA Presidents Workshop on Monday, October 28, NSFA can now provide the following update ahead of the 2020 winter season:
- The 2020 winter season will commence on the first weekend of April (4th/5th). However, due to the timing of the Easter break (10th – 13th), the middle weekend of the school holidays (18th/19th) and the ANZAC Day public holiday (25th), we had to find a solution which allowed for the age groups that cannot play on the morning of ANZAC Day to play on an alternative date. This affects the Mixed Miniroos (Under 6’s to Under 11’s) and Junior Mixed (Under 12’s to Under 18’s).
- The decision was made to schedule fixtures for these age groups on the middle weekend of the April school holidays, i.e April 18th/19th.
- As such, the first month of the season will be scheduled as follows:
- April 4th/5th: First round of the season for ALL age groups.
- April 11th/12th: Easter weekend – NO MATCHES for any age groups.
- April 18th: Matches scheduled for Mixed MiniRoos and Junior Mixed. This is a change to prior years. Matches scheduled for Senior Men’s as usual.
- April 19th: No matches scheduled for Girls MiniRoos or Girls Youth. Matches scheduled for Junior Mixed teams with Sunday special time requests. Matches scheduled for Seniors Women’s & Senior Men’s Sunday rounds as normal.
- April 25th: No matches scheduled for Mixed MiniRoos and Junior Mixed. Matches scheduled for Senior Men’s as normal.
- April 26th: Matches scheduled for Senior Women’s, Girls MiniRoos and Junior Girls as normal.